Thursday 14 July 2011

Small pleasures



Hello!


I'm Naomi, and my job managing the Derwentwater Foreshore Project takes me backwards and forwards between the NT North Lakes office and the lake shore. Fortunately the distance isn't too far, so most days I take the 15 minute walk down there instead of driving.


One of the things I absolutely love is this footpath alongside the Borrowdale Road. It may just look like a way to get from A to B, but it's absolutely crammed full of wildlife. Yesterday I popped down to the Foreshore to take down some leaflets and the path was just crammed full of birds and butterflies, and all kinds of wild flowers- tufted vetch, stitchwort, buttercup, crosswort, meadowsweet and knapweed... the list goes on!


I always think it's funny that the Lakes is full of the world's most amazing mountains, spectacular walks and rare wildlife, but sometimes it's the places right on your doorstep that give you the most pleasure! I recommend having a stroll along there while it's still summery weather and see what you think....



No comments:

Post a Comment